Broughton Anglican College was founded in 1986 as an initiative of the then Rector of St Peter's Anglican Church, Campbelltown, the Reverend Canon John Darlington.
Its heritage, however, can be traced as far back as the early 1800's when the Reverend Thomas Reddall, the first Rector of St Peter's Church, established a school named St Peter's Primary School.
Reddall had a passion for education, together with a vision to establish similar independent schools.
More than 100 years later, Reddall's dream continued to be realised through the establishment of Broughton Anglican College. The College therefore commenced as an additional outreach of St Peter’s Church, with the aim of providing Secondary education based on sound Christian principles for students progressing from its sister school.
Named after the first Bishop of Australia and of Sydney, the Right Reverend William Grant Broughton, the College commenced with just sixty Year 7 students, on land promised by Lachlan Macquarie to the Taber family in 1835.
In 1997 the Broughton Junior School was established, with the Preparatory School (Pre Kinder) started in 1998.
The College has since grown to become one of the leading independent schools in the Macarthur region.